Getting funding is always vital for startups. If you plan to start up a business in Hong Kong in one of the following areas, you may consider applying for the Green Tech Fund.
- Decarbonisation and Energy Saving
- Renewable Energy (RE)
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation
- Carbon Removal Technologies
- Hydrogen Economy
- Green Transport
- Promotion of Electric Vehicles (EVs)
- Giving Second Life to EV Batteries
- Waste Management
- Plastics Challenge
- Facilitating development of circular economy:
- Applications of recycled materials from existing and potential Producer Responsibility Schemes (PRSs) in local context; and technology advancement to increase the efficiency and carbon reduction of the collection and recycling for our recyclables
- Reuse & Recycling of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
- Recycling and Treatment of Non-inert Construction Waste
- Leachate TreatmentMunicipal Solid Waste (MSW) Charging
- Air Quality
- Monitoring of Air Quality
- Water Quality
- Mitigation of odour from polluted water channels and near-shore waters
- Monitoring and interception of microplastics from emission sources
- Remote sensing applications for remediating marine environmental incidents
- Application of eco-shoreline for enhancing bio-diversity and improving water quality
The local government has set up a HK$200 million Green Tech Fund (GTF) to fund research and development (R&D) projects which help Hong Kong decarbonise and enhance environmental protection. Local public research institutions, R&D centres and private companies undertaking these projects can now get better and more focused funding support.
GTF funding support ranges from HK$2.5 million up to HK$30 million per project.
More details can be found here.