Let’s look at the two major pension funds in Japan, as follows. Keep on updating.
- Government Pension Investment Fund (GPIF) / $1,555 billion fund
- “Even with the coronavirus pandemic, there’s no change to our goal to actively get involved in ESG investing,” Masataka Miyazono, president of GPIF said. “But we don’t have numerical targets to hit.”
- GPIF ESG 2019 Report
- Supplementary guide to GPIF ESG 2019 Report on the analysis of climate change-related risks and opportunities in the GPIF portfolio
- GPIF and KBN launch initiative to promote Green Bonds
- Local Government Officials / $224 billion fund